Sunday, July 3, 2011

Trial on the Interweb

I'm no stranger to the world of online dating, but after doing some research I finding I'm clearly out of the loop.  I was aware of pay sites to find dates, free sites to meet people, and even sites to find hookups.  But I had no idea just how many there are, nonetheless how many there are that are specific to certain groups - and not just those specific to religion, cultural, and sexuality.  There are dating websites for Trekkies, ugly people, cougars, STD-positives, pot smokers, and even terminally ill people.

To get an insight in the world of online dating, I'll be signing up on some sites.  I'm going to pick a couple of free ones and one pay one.  For the freebies, I'm leaning toward one generic (Plenty of Fish or OKCupid) and one themed site (Christian Mingles, J-Date, or Geek 2 Geek).  After careful consideration, I've decided to make this as honest as possible.  I'm not going for an acting exercise or a way to hone some sort of non-existent lying fetish.  So I'll steer away from lesbian sites or anything requesting specifically outside my ethnicity.

If you have suggestions for me, feel free to comment or send me a message here.

Below are a few for your viewing pleasure.  Did you know how many there were??  Do you have any horror or success stories from online dating??

No comments:

Post a Comment